You like me, you really like me!
I am proud to announce that Frugal Husband has received a 2018 Liebster Award Nomination. What is a Libster Award? Well, “Libster” is a German word that roughly translates into kindest, dearest, beloved, kind, and valued. The Libster award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers. It’s a great way to bring attention to smaller blogs so it can grow its audience.
Frugal Husband was nominated by Mr. Thrifty, the talented blogger over at Thrifty Enough. He blogs about improving your financial habits. Go check him out. I really appreciate Mr. Thrifty for taking the time to consider my humble blog.
How the award works
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s questions about yourself.
- Nominate between 5-10 blogs you feel deserve this award.
- Choose questions for your nominees.
- List the rules on your post.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated for the award.
10 random facts about myself
- I used to love fried shrimp, but sometime about 6 years about I became allergic to shellfish.
- March 2018 was my first time flying on a plane.
- In high school, I went to a summer civics education program called Boys State and witnessed Gov. Mike Huckabee do a 5-minute comedy routine with celebrity impersonations.
- I love it when the weather is dark and stormy.
- I like Stephen King’s Dark Tower series of books better than J. R. R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings.
- I’ve never seen the Godfather, so when people quote it, I have no idea what they’re talking about.
- I went on a high school civil rights field trip that was filmed by a documentary crew. I’ve never seen the documentary since it was only going to air in Australia.
- My favorite movie is “What About Bob?”
- I’ve been married since September 2005.
These are my nominator’s question
Where do you call home these days?
I live in Little Rock, Arkansas with my wife and son.
How do you most enjoy investing your time?
I found out about personality types only two years ago. Since finding out that I was an INFP, I’ve been investing my time into learning how I can grow as a person. Recently, I’ve been learning everything I can about how to create a blog.
Why did you decide to start blogging, and how long have you been blogging?
I decided to start blogging in order to help people and do something more with my life than go to a 9 to 5. I actually didn’t think of starting a blog until November 2017. I had joined Quora a month before just to ask dumb questions. Then I started answering questions, and some of the answers I wrote got longer and more detailed. I started thinking that I could start a blog. I didn’t take it seriously until January 2018. That’s when I starting cramming Problogger podcasts and different youtube videos. I was able to make my first post in April, so I’ve only been blogging a month.
If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go?
I would love to go to Japan. They have such a rich culture.
What would you do if you received a 10 million dollar windfall tomorrow?
I’d buy my mom a house and tell her to retire. She hasn’t had a vacation in over 25 years.
What are your short-term and long-term goals in blogging?
My short-term goal is to improve my writing skills to make a blog with great content. My long-term goal is to grow Frugal Husband into something large enough that I don’t have to have a day job anymore.
Who inspires you and why?
Darren Rowse inspires me because he is also an INFP and he proves that it’s possible for someone like me to create something wonderful.
What have you learned that can help people who want to start a blog?
I’ve learned that you shouldn’t spend too much time focused on the design aspects of the blog before you launch. You can change that as you become more comfortable blogging. Start off with a simple free theme and move on to a premium theme as you become more familiar with what you need and don’t need.
If you could visit any time period in history, which one would it be and why?
I’d visit the 90’s. I know that’s not too far back, but I every generation has their good ol’ days. The 90’s are mine. Besides, the 90’s had the best music across all genres.
What’s the number one piece of financial advice you’d give to someone?
Don’t waste money trying to keep up with someone else’s lifestyle. Be true to yourself and live according to your own needs.
My Liebster Award Nominees
These are the questions for my nominees
- What do you like to do when you’re not blogging or working?
- What famous person would you like to bring from the past to show them how much the world has changed?
- What made you want to start blogging?
- Who inspires and motivates you?
- How do you try to differentiate your blog from everyone else’s?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- How do you manage your time when blogging?
- If you could live in any novel or movie which one would it be?
- If someone could only take away one message from your blog, what would you like that message to be?
- What is your favorite thing about your blog?
I’d like to once again thank Mr. Thrifty for nominating me. As a new blogger, it’s always good to know that someone is at least looking at what I have. For the people I’ve nominated, even if you don’t participate, I still think you all have very awesome blogs. I wish you all success in your ventures.